Tuesday 12 May 2015

I am A Terrible Cook... So What?

I am a terrible cook... Does that make me less a woman?

My moms will scream and shout all the time "Kaylah with the rate at which you are going, you may not get a good husband". Sometimes she'd remix that statement and say "your husband will always look outside" (what she meant was that if I am not a good cook, another woman outside that can cook will 'snatch' him from me).

Most times I'd love to reply and say "what the fuck moms?" but my moms is a christian-an anointed woman of God and she might send holy fire from heaven to consume me.

I have read so many articles that said you need to be a good cook to be a good wife material (I still don't know what that means). I just don't get the "A good cook = A good wife" thing... Like you being a good cook is  more than enough to qualify you as a good wife (You don't need to be anything else, just turn up and be a good cook dammit!) . And  it is also okay for the husband to be the terrible cook. But the wife? Nah, It is not allowed... Seriously?

Does that mean the respect, love and understanding I have for my partner is not good enough? Does it mean my honesty, pro-activeness, good sense of humor, hospitality, generosity is all Bullshit because I am a terrible cook? 

I love trying out different kind of foods but I hate cooking. It just doesn't work for me. Then if that means I'm not a wife material, so be it.

Hey I'm on twitter: @kaylahnotes  (hit the pursue follow button and I'd definitely follow you back)

No comments:

Post a Comment